- My first attempt at storifying
- – ‘My first attempt at storifying’
- Really, IDFA 1 (well, part one of one)
- – ‘Really, IDFA 1 (well, part one of one)’
- Really, CPH (with special musical guest!)
Paul Sturtz and Sean Farnel, and a very special musical guest, discuss the reality of CPH:DOX. Filmed live on location at Rundetaarn.
Titles, artistic direction and special musical guest courtesy of Play-Doc.– ‘Really, CPH (with special musical guest!)’
- ‘Tis Awards Season
- The Cinema Eye Nominations were announced on Friday. THE IMPOSTER and SEARCHING FOR SUGARMAN both have five nominations. Here's a quick summary of some awards handed out at European festivals in the past two weeks: DOK LEIPZIG.....COLOMBIANOS (Tora Mårten, Sweden, 90') won the International Golden Dove, HEINO JAEGER - LOOK BEFORE YOU KUCK (Gerd Kroske, Germany, 120') was given the German Golden Dove, and THE WILL (Christian Sønderby Jepsen, Denmark, 85') won the Doc Alliance Award.( re: Kuck...no idea) JIHLAVA IDFF.....FORTRESS (Klára Tasovská, Lukáš Kokeš, Ivana Skálová, Czech Republic, 70') won the Czech prize and NEW LIFE OF FAMILY ALBUM (Adam Ol'ha, Czech Republic/Slovakia, 80') was given the Audience nod, rest of the winners here. DOCLISBOA.....THREE SISTERS (Wang Bing, France/Hong Kong, 153') won the Grand Prize in the International competition. THE ANABIS OF MAY AND FUSAKO SHIGENOBU, MASAO ADACHI, AND 27 YEARS WITHOUT IMAGES and SOFIA'S LAST AMBULANCE were the runners-up (Special Jury Prizes). NO MAN'S LAND (Salomé Lamas, Portugal, 72') swept most of the significant domestic awards, including the Audience Award. – ‘‘Tis Awards Season’
- Really, Leipzig
DOK Leipzig…which was founded in 1955, making it 57 years-old (not 55).
Next stop: CPH:DOX!– ‘Really, Leipzig’